HOW TO GET INVOLVED
Food for Thought relies strongly on donations and volunteers. We accept donations of money and food, and volunteers are always welcomed. We are grateful for any donation, so please don’t hesitate to help the hungry children in our community with either a monetary donation or the value of your time!
Food for Thought and our volunteers are dedicated to helping hungry children in our community. Please join us in this mission.
Ways To Give
Your support is what makes our mission possible. We are dedicated to helping hungry children in our community by providing food as well as solutions, resources and increased awareness to combat hunger. We simply could not do it without you and we appreciate any way you can give. No amount of help is too little – even small donations or a few hours of volunteerism will make a large impact on our mission.
In addition to monetary donations, additional ways you can help chronically hungry children in our communities are:
Join eScrip http://www.escrip.com/
- Link Your Telephone Number to Food For Thought – Group ID 500359028
- Enter Your Telephone Number When You Shop
- We will receive a monthly check totaling 3% of qualified purchases
If you shop at Smith’s, we are a part of its Community Awards program. Get a Smith’s reward card, link to card to Food For Thought partner id number 35936 at Smith’sCommunityRewards.com, swipe it every time you shop and Smith’s will donate to us.
Log onto Amazon through SmileAmazon.com, select Food For Thought as your charitable organization. Then shop away.
- 2.05 oz. Easy Mac and Cheese Cup
- 7.5 oz. Beef Raviolis Cans/Cups
- 7.5 oz. SpaghettiO’s Cans/Cups
- 7 oz. Spaghetti and Meatballs Cans/Cups
- Granola Bars
- Individual Cereal Boxes or Cups
- 7 oz. Beefaroni Cans/Cups
- Individual 4 oz. Fruit Cups
- Individual 4 oz. Veggie Cups (found at Walmart)
- Cheese/Peanut Butter Crackers
- Gallon-sized Plastic Ziplock Bags
- *All items must be single serving.
Please bring food donations to:
Food for Thought, Inc.
3246 N. Carson St., Ste. 118
Carson City, NV 89706
Hours: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Food Donation Shopping List
How to Hold a Food Drive
Doing a food drive takes time and planning. Click the Toggle to Learn more.
- Determine the purpose for the food drive. For example, is it a Holiday Food Drive, Back to School Food Drive or a Summer Food Drive? This helps with what types of volunteers you will want to recruit and how you will advertise the event.
- Contact Food for Thought – they can tell you what they’re most in need of and possibly supply ideas for volunteers and food drop-off locations.
- Advertising is critical for your upcoming food drive. Contact local schools and businesses by supplying fliers for the businesses and for students. Advertising in the local paper and radio stations allows all sectors of the public to be aware of the upcoming food drive.
- Be sure to have acceptable transportation if the food drive will not be held at the Food for Thought warehouse. Contact Food for Thought for information on trucks to transport the donated food or information for volunteers who have transportation capable of carrying large amounts of food.
Food For Thought relies on the selfless efforts of its many volunteers to make our program successful and help the chronically hungry children in our local area. If you would like to volunteer, please contact us at: 775.885.7770.
Spread the word about combating hunger
To keep abreast of Food for Thought events and news, follow our social media pages. We update frequently so check back often. We regularly update our Facebook page with our news, ways you can volunteer, our upcoming events and needed donation items. Please share with your friends so they can like us too!
Please watch and share our videos with your friends.
You can learn more about the positive impact that Food for Thought has on our local community, and learn from our passionate volunteers about their “Aha Moment” and how our mission has impacted them.